As you age, the face, neck skin becomes lose and reflects in form of wrinkles, that in turn makes you look older:
Face wrinkles are of two kinds:
- Dynamic wrinkles: These wrinkles are formed only when we move talk , smile , laugh or make an expression. These are commonly seen on the forehead called as “worry lines” and “frown lines” and besides the eyes called as “smile lines”.
These lines start appearing at a very early age of 25-26 years and are more prevalent in people with thin skin such as in Europeans and North Indians.
- Static wrinkles: These lines are long-lasting wrinkles on the forehead, frown lines (also called “number 11 lines”) and on the side of eyes called as “crow’s feet”. They are visible even if a person is not forming any expression of the face. Dynamic and static wrinkles are also noted in cheeks, chin, and neck in some people.
Folds also appear on the face as age advances. These folds start under the eyes and can be seen at a very early age. They are usually referred to as “under eye dark circles”. Another area where folds can be visible is beside the nose and mouth. They are referred as” nasolabial folds” and “marionette lines” respectively. These folds make one appear sad and depressed.
Treatment of wrinkles and folds:
Treatment depends on the type of ageing problem and age of the person. Most importantly depends on the area of concern that affects a person.
If dynamic wrinkle is worrying a patient then Anti-Wrinkle injections are more effective to relax the muscle and reduce the wrinkles.
If static wrinkles are the area of concern a different line of treatment is undertaken. Use of Anti-Wrinkle injections is certainly recommended to relax the muscle and prevent further deepening of wrinkles. Some wrinkles can be treated with filler injections that are hyaluronic acid based (natural fruit extract). Other wrinkles may benefit from peeling or fractionated CO2 lasers.
Folds are best treated by filler injections or fat grafting. Filler injections are temporary but long-lasting and safe without many risks. Fat grafting is a procedure that involves removing your own body fat and injecting by special techniques called as Micro fat and Nano fat grafting.
- Anti-Wrinkle injections average 20-40 units are required in each patient for a satisfactory result that may last from 4-6 months. The procedure is simple with minimum pain and risks provided administered by qualified and experienced doctors.
- Filler injections are non-animal origin hyaluronic acid based fillers. This is performed under local anaesthesia and requires 20-40 minutes. There is minimal risk of bruising and swelling. Inexperienced hands may cause lumpiness, infection etc. The filler lasts on an average from 6 months to an year. The filler has an accumulative effect that means after few years of repeated injection body forms its own collagen to retain the volume for a longer period.
- Peeling: Peeling involves removal of top layers of the skin and this reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Regular peeling inexperienced the quality of the skin by neo-collagen formation. There are different grades of peels from mild peels like alpha hydroxy acid-based to strong ones such as Tricarboxy acid ( TCA peels) peels. Your doctor will be able to guide you based on your skin type and severity of the wrinkles.
- Fractionated CO2 laser: This is a special laser that helps to remove the top layer of the skin in a controlled manner and also encourages skin tightening by collagen formation. A person may require few sitting for a satisfactory result.
There are several other treatments such as meso therapy, derma roller, skin rejuvenation theraphy, radiofrequency etc but the above four are the most researched and used worldwide by professionals and experts.
The cost of wrinkle reduction depends on upon the type of treatment required by you.