Learn This Before Undergoing Liposuction in India
What do you do when you see the numerous small but stubborn fat deposits on your body despite the hours of strict dieting and working out regularly? Do you try a topical treatment? The solution to this is cosmetic Liposuction.
Dr. Sanjay Parashar a cosmetic surgeon from Cocoona Centre For Aesthetic Transformation tells us all we need to learn about liposuction.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic technique to remove collection of fat cells from fat-prone areas of your body. Liposuction aims to reshape your body into a well-proportioned and well-defined form.
Dr. Sanjay Parashar is highly-skilled in using the latest and most effective liposuction technique to remove stubborn fat deposits from your face, neck, arms, back, hips, abdomen, thighs and buttocks, which usually are more prone to collect fat.
Usually, liposuction technique is used in combination with other common body-contouring cosmetic treatments, such as Tummy Tuck, Facelift, Breast Reduction and others.
Who can undergo Liposuction?
There are certain factors that help determine if an individual is an ideal candidate to undergo a successful liposuction, such as:
- Having noticeable lumps of fat in certain areas of your body despite undergoing strict diet and workout regimen
- Being within 30% of their ideal body weight (BMI)
- Skin elasticity needs to be present
- Being a non-smoker
- Having practical and realistic expectations with the end result of treatment
- No serious medical disorder or disease that may get aggravated from cosmetic surgical procedure
- No medications for serious illnesses that can react to anesthesia
An appointment with Dr. Sanjay Parashar at Cocoona Centre For Aesthetic Transformation will ensure that all your queries and doubts are cleared before the doctor tests and determines if you are an ideal candidate to undergo a cosmetic liposuction treatment.
How is Liposuction done?
Liposuction is performed with the help of an innovative handheld tube-shaped vacuum device called a cannula. The aim of the procedure is to first melt the underlying stubborn fat cells and then making pin-hole incisions (2-4 mm wide) to insert the cannula and efficiently remove the emulsified fat cells using suction.
Thanks to advances in cosmetic surgery, there are several different types of Liposuction techniques in use today, such as:
- Tumescent Liposuction – This conventional form of liposuction requires first injecting a sterile saline solution around the targeted fat cells. The special saline solution shrinks the blood vessels around the fat cells, thus preventing them from being damaged when the cannula is used to remove the fat.
- Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction (UAL) – In this type of liposuction, the cosmetic surgeon uses a special sonic device that emits strong sound waves. This device, when aimed at the fat cells makes them vibrate at a specific frequency which results in loosening them from the surrounding tissues. Once the fat cells are dislodged using the sound device, the cannula can easily remove the melted fat cells.
- Laser Assisted Liposuction (Smart Lipo) – This advanced technique requires first using a thin but powerful beam of laser. The laser beam is set at a frequency which allows it to painlessly penetrate the skin and reach the underlying fat cells. The laser beam is able to generate sufficient heat within the fat cells to make them lose their hardness. The melted fat cells are then easily removed with the help of cannula.
It is highly advised to choose the most reputed and experienced cosmetic surgeon to ensure the best results from Liposuction treatment. Dr. Sanjay Parashar, with years of extensive cosmetic surgical experience under her belt is renowned for performing excellent and efficient cosmetic Liposuction treatments in India.