Women today are very concerned about their compete appearance and wish to get an even more youthful and attractive body. They go through great effort to lose excess weight from the body to get slim yet the after-effects of drastic weight-loss on the breasts is a major cause of concern.
Cocoona allows you to get the perfect breasts in the most efficient and convenient manner. The expert team of cosmetic surgeons and specialists at Cocoona guide you through every step of the procedure to ensure that you get the desired breasts through augmentation procedures.
What is Breast Augmentation all about?
A breast augmentation procedure at Cocoona uses artificial breast implants to reshape the breasts. This is mostly required after a mastectomy (removal of the complete breast) in a case of breast cancer and to reconstruct the breasts to correct a birth defect that affects the breast shape and size.
Does the Breast Augmentation use different implants?
The implants used in breast augmentation surgery are classified into different categories. These are classified according to the filler material used in them.
- Saline solution – This is constructed of a shell of an elastomer silicone that is filled inside with a sterile saline solution.
- Silicone implant – This is also made of an elastomer silicone outer covering but contains a thick silicone gel inside.
- Composite filler – This implant also consists of an outer silicone elastomer shell filled with polypropylene string, soy oil or any similar substance.
What happens in a Breast Augmentation procedure?
The expert cosmetic doctors at Cocoona will discuss the extent of enlargement and shape which can be safely given to your breasts. After the shape and size of the implant are selected between you and the doctor, you will be given a general anesthesia so the cosmetic surgeon can perform the surgical procedure without pain and discomfort to you.
The surgeon will make small incisions in the lower part of your breasts, or along the underarm. This gives the surgeon better access to the breast region to place the implant.
The surgeon first inserts a tissue expander to make sufficient space for holding the breast implant in place. This tissue expander is then removed and the implant is placed and fixed to the proper place.
The surgeon will then stitch the incision closed. A drainage tube might also be attached to the surgical site to help drain any excess fluid that might accumulate in the surgical area or the breast region.
Breast Augmentation by Dr. Sanjay Parashar
FAQs about Breast Augmentation:
What are the Benefits of a Breast Augmentation surgery with Cocoona?
The benefits of a breast augmentation surgery with Cocoona are:
- Smaller incisions required as compared to non-implant breast reconstructive surgery.
- The implant is comparatively better suited as the shape and size can be chosen even before the surgery.
- The variety of breast implant types for breast augmentation with different materials used as filler inside the elastomer silicone shell.
- The procedure helps improve the size and form of your breasts.
What are the drawbacks of a Breast Augmentation surgery?
There are a few complications that you might face rarely after undergoing a breast augmentation surgery using implants, such as:
- Implant rupture can occur after a period of time which requires a corrective surgery for replacing the implant.
- Capsular contracture can occur around the implant in certain cases which results in pain in the breast.
- Hematoma (bleeding after surgery) is also seen in rare cases.
- Seroma is seen when excess fluid accumulates in the operated region.
- Infection may occur at the incision site.
- Scarring might be seen for a longer time in some patients.